G&W chairman Mortimer Fuller to retire
Mr. Fuller’s retirement will serve as the culmination of a remarkable 40 years of distinguished service to the Company, its stockholders and the short line railroad industry.
Mr. Fuller became Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman in 1977, when he purchased a controlling interest in the Company’s corporate predecessor, the original Genesee and Wyoming Railroad, which his great grandfather founded in 1899.
He has since served as Chief Executive Officer for 30 years and Chairman for 40 years.
G&W’s CEO and Board Member, Jack Hellmann, will be appointed Chairman of the Board following Mr. Fuller’s retirement in May 2017.
Upon Mr. Hellmann’s appointment, Oivind Lorentzen will be appointed as G&W’s Lead Independent Director. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Connecticut
- Tim Campbell joined PASSUR Aerospace as executive vice president
- Evariant appoints Thomas Schultz as chief growth officer
- Sturm, Ruger & Company promotes Thomas A. Dineen to SVP, finance
- Michael Orlando joins NXT-ID board
- Sturm, Ruger & Company promotes Thomas P. Sullivan to VP, operations
More inside POST