G&W chairman Mortimer Fuller to retire
Mr. Fuller’s retirement will serve as the culmination of a remarkable 40 years of distinguished service to the Company, its stockholders and the short line railroad industry.
Mr. Fuller became Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman in 1977, when he purchased a controlling interest in the Company’s corporate predecessor, the original Genesee and Wyoming Railroad, which his great grandfather founded in 1899.
He has since served as Chief Executive Officer for 30 years and Chairman for 40 years.
G&W’s CEO and Board Member, Jack Hellmann, will be appointed Chairman of the Board following Mr. Fuller’s retirement in May 2017.
Upon Mr. Hellmann’s appointment, Oivind Lorentzen will be appointed as G&W’s Lead Independent Director. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Connecticut
- United Technologies appoints Judy Marks as Otis president
- Webster Bank names Ross Catlin as managing director
- XPO Logistics appoints AnnaMaria DeSalva to board
- Webster Financial appoints John R. Ciulla as CEO
- Vet Innovations appoints Paul Converse director of sales
More inside POST