GVC appoints Will Whitehorn to board
Mr. Whitehorn is the Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director at Stagecoach Group plc and is an independent Non-executive Director of Purplebricks Group plc.
Mr. Whitehorn is also a member of the First Minister of Scotland's 'GlobalScot' Business mentoring network, President of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and Chairman of the Scottish Gallery and Scottish Event Campus Limited.
Previously, he joined the Virgin Group in 1987 and served as Group Public Relations Manager and as Brand Development and Corporate Affairs Director, as well as being a founding director of Virgin Games, before being appointed as President of Virgin Galactic from 2007 to 2011.
Mr. Whitehorn is also a former non-executive Chairman of Next Fifteen Communications Group plc, Crowd Reactive Limited and Speed Communications Agency Limited, and was a member of the Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC) until 2012, chairing its Economic Impact Advisory Board and was a Non-executive director of STFC Innovations Limited. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Isle of Man
- West African Minerals names Kunwar Shailubhai as non-executive director
- Qatar Investment Fund appoints David Humbles as director
- Manx Financial Group names Douglas Grant as MD of Conister Bank
- Specialist Investment Properties names Simon Clements to board
- OPG Power Ventures director Munish C. Gupta to retire
More inside POST