GSK appoints Vivienne Cox as director
Dr. Cox has been appointed a member of the Corporate Responsibility Committee, also effective from 1 July 2016.
Dr. Cox worked for BP plc for 28 years, in Britain and Continental Europe, in posts including executive vice president and chief executive of BP's gas, power and renewables business and its alternative energy unit.
Dr. Cox is currently Senior Independent Director of Pearson plc, the Chairman of its Reputation & Responsibility Committee, and a member of its Audit, Nomination and Remuneration Committees.
She is Non-Executive Director of Stena International and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Vallourec, a supplier to the energy industry.
Dr. Cox is also Lead Independent Director at the UK Government's Department for International Development. She was previously a Non-Executive Director of BG Group plc and Rio Tinto plc.
Dr. Cox was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 2016 New Year Honours for services to the UK Economy and Sustainability. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
- 1Spatial appoints Francis Small as director
More inside POST