Gogo adds Sam Gilliland to its board of directors
Mr. Gilliland was most recently Chairman and CEO of Sabre Holdings, a global travel technology company.
Prior to serving as Chairman and CEO, Mr. Gilliland served in several senior leadership positions at Sabre Holdings, including president and CEO of Travelocity, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Sabre Holdings, group president of Sabre Airline Solutions, and senior vice president and general manager of Sabre Business Travel Solutions.
Before joining Sabre, he was an electrical engineer for Lockheed Missiles and Space in Austin, TX.
In 2011, Mr. Gilliland was appointed to President Barack Obama's Travel and Tourism Advisory Committee that reports to the secretary of commerce. He also joined the Energy Security Leadership Council (ESLC) in 2012.
Mr. Gilliland earned an M.B.A. from the University of Texas at Dallas and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Kansas. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Hilco Merchant Resources hires Seth Marks as SVP
- Veltex Corporation appoints Andreas Mauritzson as CEO
- Ingredion Incorporated appoints James P. Zallie as CEO
- Nexgen Packaging appoints Jim Welch as president
- Eton Pharmaceuticals appoints Paul V. Maier to board
More inside POST