GlaxoSmithKline names Emma Walmsley as next CEO
Ms. Walmsley is currently CEO of GSK Consumer Healthcare, one of the world’s largest consumer health companies, established in 2015 following completion of GSK’s three-part transaction with Novartis.
Prior to this, Ms. Walmsley was President of GSK Consumer Healthcare and has been a member of GSK’s Corporate Executive Team since 2011.
She joined GSK in 2010 from L’Oreal where, over the course of her 17-year career, she held a variety of marketing and general management roles in the UK, Europe and USA.
From 2007 she was based in Shanghai as General Manager, Consumer Products for L’Oreal China.
Ms. Walmsley will succeed Andrew Witty as GSK CEO, when he retires on 31 March 2017.
Ms. Walmsley will join the GSK Board of Directors from 1 January 2017. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- People's Operator appoints Julia Simpson as director
- Barratt Developments appoints Jessica White as CFO
- Braemar Shipping Services appoints Lesley Watkins as director
- Essentra appoints two directors
- Aviva appoints Maurice Tulloch as director
More inside POST