GeoVax Labs promotes Farshad Guirakhoo to chief scientific officer
Dr. Guirakhoo joined GeoVax in 2015 as Senior Vice President of Research and Development.
Before joining GeoVax in 2015, Dr. Guirakhoo served in senior management and scientific roles within the biotechnology industry with Vaxess Technologies, Hookipa Biotech, Sanofi Pasteur, Acambis, Inc. and OraVax, Inc.
Dr. Guirakhoo earned his Ph.D. in Virology at the Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria, holds a M.Sc. degree in Genetics and a B.Sc. degree in Biology.
He conducted his Post-Doctoral training at the Medical University of Vienna and at the US National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases in Fort Collins, CO.
In his scientific career, Dr. Guirakhoo has filed over 90 patent applications and is author/co-author of more than 80 peer reviewed publications, including book chapters. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Georgia
- AdCare Health terminates CEO for misrepresenting educational credentials
- Coca-Cola changes number of executives
- SiteOne Landscape Supply adds Michael J. Grebe to board
- Citi Trends appoints acting CEO and executive chairman
- MiMedx Group names Luis A. Aguilar as director
More inside POST