Geoffrey Y. Yang joins AT&T board of directors
Mr. Yang is a founding partner and managing director of venture capital firm Redpoint Ventures. He will serve on the company’s Corporate Development and Finance Committee.
Mr. Yang joined Institutional Venture Partners (IVP) in 1987 and co-founded Redpoint in 1999. At both IVP and Redpoint, he has funded, helped found or served on the boards for a variety of consumer media, Internet and infrastructure companies, including Juniper Networks, Netflix, TiVo, MySpace and Arista Communications.
Mr. Yang is a director of Franklin Resources, Inc. and several private companies.
He was previously a member of the President’s Information Technology Advisory Committee and the advisory council for the Stanford Graduate School of Business. And he has served as a director of the National Venture Capital Association.
Mr. Yang holds a BSE in engineering from Princeton University and an MBA from Stanford University. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- National Instruments names Karen Rapp as CFO
- Nationstar Mortgage appoints Amar R. Patel as interim CFO
- Denbury Resources to appoint Christian S. Kendall as CEO
- Par Pacific Holdings appoints Will Monteleone as CFO
- Green Bancorp appoints Terry Earley as CFO
More inside POST