General Electric elects Steven M. Mollenkopf to board
Mr. Mollenkopf has been with Qualcomm for more than 20 years in a variety of leadership positions, and served as the Company’s President and Chief Operating Officer.
Prior to his role as President and COO, Mr. Mollenkopf led the Company’s chipset business, overseeing the launch of 4G technology.
Over the years, he has guided the Company through the worldwide expansion of CDMA technology, the introduction of Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (W-CDMA) technology and the launch of 4G/LTE systems.
Mr. Mollenkopf also spearheaded the Company’s acquisition of Atheros.
Mr. Mollenkopf is a published IEEE author and holds seven patents in areas such as power estimation and measurement, multi-standard transmitters and wireless communication transceiver technology.
He serves as chairman of the Global Semiconductor Alliance and a member of the Board of Directors for the Semiconductor Industry Association. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Connecticut
- Datto appoints Timothy Weller as CFO
- General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt to retire, John Flannery to take over
- General Electric names Kieran Murphy as CEO of GE Healthcare
- United Rentals adds Gracia Martore to board
- First Reserve promotes three executives
More inside POST