GE names David Joyce as vice chair
Mr. Joyce has spent his career at GE Aviation, gaining broad and deep knowledge through a series of technical and leadership roles, and influencing the design and launch of GE’s most innovative and popular engines over the past three decades.
After 15 years growing his career in advanced design and product development, he was promoted to general manager leading the around-the-clock Customer & Product Support organization supporting a global fleet of more than 500 customers.
Mr. Joyce went on to run the small commercial engine operations, and in 2003 was named a GE company officer responsible for the commercial engine portfolio as the VP of Commercial Engine Operation.
In 2008 he was named President and CEO of GE Aviation. He was named to the National Academy of Engineering in 2014.
Mr. Joyce earned both Bachelor of Science and Master's Degrees in mechanical engineering from Michigan State University and holds a master's in business finance from Xavier University. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- RXi Pharmaceuticals appoints Jonathan Freeman as director
- Corero promotes Andrew Lloyd to executive role
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals appoints Brian Kelley to board
- Visal Leng named president and CEO, Asia Pacific, GE Oil & Gas
- Veristat appoints James Roach as chief medical officer
More inside POST