Gabriel Baertschi takes office as new CEO of Grünenthal Group
Mr. Baertschi is joining Grünenthal from AstraZeneca, a global, science-led biopharmaceutical business where in his last appointment he served as country president for Japan.
Mr. Baertschi has more than 20 years of international experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including the last three years as country president for AstraZeneca K.K. when he was responsible for an organization of more than 3,000 employees across R&D, Manufacturing and Commercial functions.
Prior to taking up this role in 2013, he had served as country president for AstraZeneca Germany and earlier in his career served as country manager for AstraZeneca in various Emerging Markets.
Mr. Baertschi succeeds Prof. Dr. Eric-Paul Pâques who retires at the end of 2016 after 23 years at Grünenthal. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Germany
- Nordex appoints José Luis Blanco as CEO
- Sirius Real Estate appoints Justin Atkinson as director
- Martin Daum joins Daimler management board
- Unify names industry veteran Paul Cunningham as CMO
- BASF appoints new oilfield & mining chief
More inside POST