FreightCar America appoints Jim America as VP, human resources
Prior to joining FreightCar America, Mr. America worked for Carpenter Technology as an HR executive in establishing their new world class facility in Athens, AL.
Previously, Mr. America has served as VP, Human Resources for Colonial Pipeline, U.S. Pipe and Foundry and at one time was the Deputy Director of Alabama’s State Docks and Assistant Director of the Alabama Development Office.
He started his career at Monsanto and DuPont as a Process Engineer before moving into human resources.
He is a graduate of Auburn University with a BS in Chemical Engineering and an MA in Public and Private Management from Birmingham-Southern College. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Morningstar appoints Caroline Tsay to board
- Allscripts appoints Dennis M. Olis as interim CFO
- AAR appoints General Duncan J. McNabb to board
- Fuel Tech names James J. Markowsky as director
- CNA announces new EVP of technology and operations
More inside POST