Foundation Medicine names CEO
Mr. Cox brings nearly three decades of proven performance in global, strategic, and operational biopharma leadership and expertise to Foundation Medicine. He’s led or contributed to dozens of successful product launches in the U.S. and abroad.
Mr. Cox joins Foundation Medicine from Roche-Genentech, where he’s led one of the largest oncology portfolios in the U.S..
Before joining Genentech, Mr. Cox held global P&L business unit responsibility within UCB BioPharma, with responsibility for developing and commercializing medicines that serve patients across diverse specialty therapy areas.
Prior to UCB BioPharma, Mr. Cox led a large U.S. primary care business unit for Sanofi-Aventis.
His diverse experience includes senior roles in European country general management, U.S. managed care sales leadership, and U.S. marketing with Schering-Plough.
Mr. Cox received a bachelor's degree in business administration in finance from the University of Kentucky, as well as a master’s of business administration from the University of Missouri. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST