Flybe names Christine Ourmieres-Widener as CEO
Ms. Ourmieres-Widener has spent her entire career in the aviation and travel industries, with an initial background in engineering and aeronautics.
Ms. Ourmieres-Widener started her career in the Maintenance Department of Air France, later working in sales systems, then Director of Sales & Marketing for Amadeus France.
She served as Vice President International Sales, General Manager UK & Ireland, then Vice President in New York for Air France KLM.
Between 2010 and 2015, she was the CEO of Cityjet, and since then has been Chief Global Sales Officer for American Express Global Business Travel.
Ms. Ourmieres-Widener has a Masters in Aeronautics from the École Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et d'Aérotechnique (ENSMA) and an MBA from ESSEC Business School.
Simon Laffin will return to being Non-Executive Chairman when Ms. Ourmieres-Widener joins the business. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
More inside POST