Flybe CEO Saad Hammad steps down
Mr. Hammad joined Flybe from the Gores Group, an operations-focused U.S. private equity firm. He was responsible for leading operational due diligence efforts across Europe as well as working with portfolio company executive teams to achieve full operational potential.
Prior to Gores, Mr. Hammad was Chief Commercial Officer at easyJet plc from 2005 to 2009 where he led the commercial turnaround of the airline.
He was a Non-Executive Director of Air Berlin plc and, since 25 April 2014, has been a Non-Executive Director of Pegasus, the leading Turkish low- cost carrier.
Mr. Hammad has also held senior executive roles at a number of leading consumer-focused corporations including Procter & Gamble, Thorn-EMI and Vision Express.
Mr. Hammad has a BA (Hons) degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University and an MBA from INSEAD. He is a member of the Nominations Committee. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST
Hibbett Sports Q1 income falls 25% Earnings