FirstEnergy names VP, corporate secretary, chief ethics officer
Mr. Patel has been director, Real Estate and Facilities, at FirstEnergy since 2012. Before joining FirstEnergy, Mr. Patel was a partner in the real estate group at McDonald Hopkins LLC.
Previously, he served as associate general counsel at DDR Corp., a national real estate investment trust, leading the Corporate and Transaction group.
From 2003 until 2005, he was vice president and general counsel for BioEnterprise Corporation in Cleveland, and from 2000 until 2003 he was an associate with McKinsey & Company, where he counseled senior executives and boards on strategic and organizational issues.
Mr. Patel began his legal career in 1995 with McDonald Hopkins LLC in Cleveland.
Mr. Patel graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a B.S.E. in Electrical Engineering and received his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School.
He replaces Rhonda Ferguson, who is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Ohio
- Convergys appoints Robert E. Knowling, Jr. to board
- Jeffrey E. Dearduff joins Austin Company as corporate director
- Abercrombie & Fitch appoints Scott D. Lipesky as CFO
- Macy’s appoints Hal Lawton as president
- Goodyear appoints Christopher Helsel as chief technology officer
More inside POST
Iran Q1 economic growth at 6.5% Economy