Essendant elects Dennis J. Martin to its board of directors
Mr. Martin has been the executive chairman of Federal Signal Corp. since January 1, 2016. He has served on the board of Federal Signal since 2008. He serves on Federal Signal's compensation, nominating and governance, and audit committees.
Mr. Martin served as chief executive officer and president of Federal Signal from October 30, 2010 until December 31, 2015. He served as the chairman and chief executive officer and President of General Binding Corporation from 2001 to 2005.
Mr. Martin served on the board of directors of HNI Corporation, an office furniture business, from August 2000 through May 2016. He served as the chair of HNI's compensation and human resources committee and as a member of HNI's audit and governance committees.
Mr. Martin holds bachelor and honorary doctorate degrees from the University of New Haven. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Eton Pharmaceuticals appoints Sean Brynjelsen as CEO
- Caterpillar announces retirement of three vice presidents
- Essendant appoints Richard D. Phillips as interim CEO
- Atlas Financial Holdings added Wally Walker to board
- TOMY International appoints two leaders
More inside POST