ESSA Pharma appoints Peter Virsik as EVP and COO
Prior to joining ESSA, Mr. Virsik served as Senior Vice President, Corporate Development for XenoPort (acquired by Arbor Pharmaceuticals), leading licensing, strategy, new product planning and alliance management for the company.
During his tenure at XenoPort, Mr. Virsik played an integral role in the licensing and commercialization of Horizant (gabapentin enacarbil).
Prior to XenoPort, Mr. Virsik worked for Gilead Sciences from 2000 through 2005 in Corporate Development, where he was involved in building Gilead’s HIV franchise through the acquisition of Triangle Pharmaceuticals and the licensing of Vitekta (elvitegravir).
Before joining Gilead, he worked at J.P. Morgan in the biotechnology equity research group and as a consultant for Ernst and Young.
Mr. Virsik began his career in R&D at Genentech. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Sysco Corporation elects Sheila G. Talton to board
- US Concrete appoints John E. Kunz as CFO
- On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina appoints CFO
- Forterra appoints Charlie Brown as CFO
- McDermott International appoints Philippe Barril to board
More inside POST