Eland Oil & Gas appoints Henry Obi as director
Mr. Obi has over 15 years of experience in private equity sector and is currently a Partner and Chief Operating Officer at Helios Investment Partners where he responsible for its operations and serves on Helios' Equity and Credit Investment Committees.
Prior to joining Helios in 2006, Mr. Obi was a Partner at Aureos Advisers Limited where he was responsible for monitoring the performance of the firm's funds in Africa and Central America and their compliance with investment policy.
Prior to Aureos, he worked for Actis, CDC Group Plc and Dynegy, a US energy trader.
Mr. Obi sits on the Boards of Maris Capital Limited and the Africa Venture Capital Association. He also served as Chairman of the Africa Regional Advisory Council of Emerging Market Private Equity Association.
He received Private Equity Africa's Outstanding Leadership Award in 2014 for his commitment to advancing the cause of private equity in Africa.
Mr. Obi holds a BSc. Architecture and MSc. Architecture from University of Nigeria, a B.Arch. from University of Nottingham and an MBA in Finance from the London Business School. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
- Barclays appoints Matthew Lester as non-executive director
- Drax Group appoints David Nussbaum as non-executive director
- Genesis Emerging Markets Fund appoints Katherine Tsang as non-executive director
- Action Hotels names Andrew Lindley finance director
More inside POST