Director Richard Heyman to retire from Organovo Holdings
Dr. Heyman has been nominated to be elected to the board of directors at the annual meeting on August 21, 2013. He is an experienced life science executive who was elected as chief executive officer of Aragon Pharmaceuticals, which he co-founded in 2009.
Previously, he was Chief Scientific Officer at Kalypsys.
In 1999, Dr. Heyman co-founded and served as Chief Scientific Officer of X-Ceptor Therapeutics, a company that developed compounds targeting nuclear receptors for the treatment of metabolic diseases. X-Ceptor was acquired by Exelixis in 2004.
Before X-Ceptor, Dr. Heyman was Vice President of Research at Ligand Pharmaceuticals. He was an NIH postdoctoral fellow and staff scientist at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.
Dr. Heyman received a PhD in pharmacology from the University of Minnesota and a BS in chemistry from the University of Connecticut. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- LPL Financial appoints Scott Seese as CIO
- S&W Seed Company promotes Mark W. Wong to CEO
- Adverum Biotechnologies appoints Athena Countouriotis as CMO
- RF Industries appoints Robert D. Dawson as CEO
- Smith Micro Software appoints Timothy C. Huffmyer as CFO
More inside POST
Good or bad, humor is always good Leadership