Director Maria Silvia Bastos Marques leaves Marsh & McLennan
Ms. Marques is currently Special Advisor to the Mayor for the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games. Prior to assuming this role in April 2014, Ms. Marques served as Chief Executive Officer of Rio’s Olympic Company, starting in 2011.
Ms. Marques has served in leadership positions in both the public and private sector, including as CEO of Icatu Hartford Seguros S.A. from 2007 to 2011, CEO of Companhia Siderurgica Nacional from 1996 to 2002, and Secretary of Finance for the City of Rio de Janeiro from 1993 to 1996.
In addition to these executive positions, Ms. Marques has served as a trustee of the Fundação Brasileira para o Desenvolvimento Sustentável (Brazilian Foundation for Sustainable Development) since 2004 and on the Advisory Board of Columbia University Global Center – Rio de Janeiro since 2013.
Ms. Marques' past public company directorships include Anglo American PLC, Vale S.A., Embratel Participacoes S.A., and Companhia Brasileira de Distribuição. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Muir Paterson to join Citigroup as global head of strategic shareholder advisory
- M&T Bank names Laura P. O'Hara senior vice president
- Akari Therapeutics to appoint David Horn Solomon as CEO
- Xylem appoints Paul Stellato as vice president
- Edward Campanella to join Arrow Financial as SVP, treasurer, and CFO
More inside POST