Diebold Nixdorf, a provider of retail services, announced that Gerrard Schmid will join the company as its president and chief executive officer.
Diebold Nixdorf appoints Gerrard Schmid as CEOStaff Writer | North Canton, Oh., USA | Thursday February 22, 2018 7:33AM ET
READ MOREMr. Schmid also will join the board of directors.
Mr. Schmid is a seasoned corporate executive with previous public-company CEO experience and a track record of delivering value in a transforming environment.
He has more than 20 years of leadership in banking, payments, and financial technology.
As CEO, Mr. Schmid led the transformation of D+H Corp., a global fintech company that was publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange prior to being merged with Misys.
Prior to his time at D+H, Mr. Schmid managed a retail banking business at Lloyds TSB in the United Kingdom.
He was also executive vice president and chief operating officer for retail banking at CIBC, one of the "Big Five" Canadian banks.
Mr. Schmid earned a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg and a Master of Applied Science in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Toronto. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Ohio
- Lancaster Colony Corporation appoints Carl Stealey as president of T. Marzetti retail
- Big Lots appoints Bruce K. Thorn as CEO and president
- The Andersons appoints Stephen F. Dowdle to board
- Worthington Industries says COO Mark Russell to retire
- CommutAir appoints Keith Lockhart as director of technical services