David Smith appointed as new CFO of QinetiQ
Mr. Smith is currently Chief Financial Officer and a Director of Rolls Royce. He was CFO of the technology group Edwards immediately prior to joining Rolls Royce; he has previously been Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover and held a number of senior finance positions at Ford.
He is a Non-executive Director of Motability Operations Group plc. He was previously a Director of Edwards Group Limited.
Mr. Smith holds an MA in Economics from Cambridge University and an MBA from Warwick University.
He will take up the role in the New Year and there will be a further announcement once his start date is confirmed.
He succeeds David Mellors, who leaves QinetiQ on 31 December 2016 to join Cobham as Chief Financial Officer. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- 1pm CMO Hazel Jacques resigns
- Walker Crips appoints Clive Bouch as director
- Vesuvius appoints Holly Keller Koeppel as director
- Parity Group appoints John Conoley as non-executive chairman
- Zoltav Resources names Lea Verny as non-executive chairman
More inside POST