Comcast appoints Dave Watson as CEO of Comcast Cable
Mr. Smit has had a stellar career, including seven years as the head of Comcast Cable.
Prior to joining Comcast, Mr. Smit spent decades in senior executive positions at Charter, AOL, and Nabisco.
Before his career in corporate America, he was a Navy SEAL, serving as a member of SEAL Team Six.
Mr. Watson, who joined Comcast in 1991, has served as the Chief Operating Officer of Comcast Cable since 2010 and has partnered with Mr. Smit in running the cable division since Mr. Smit’s arrival at the company.
Mr. Watson has held many senior roles within Comcast, including leadership of the product, sales, marketing, and advertising functions. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Pennsylvania
- JetPay appoints John Crouch as CIO
- Armstrong Flooring appoints Kimberly Z. Boscan as interim CFO
- Egalet appoints two to board
- Rice Energy appoints Kate Jackson to board
- Axalta Coating appoints Cahill Lempres to board
More inside POST