Cobham CEO Bob Murphy to step down
Mr. Murphy will be succeeded by David Lockwood who will join the Company no later than 1 January 2017.
Mr. Lockwood will also join the Board. Mr. Lockwood is currently CEO of Laird PLC, the FTSE 250 technology company.
Before taking his current role four years ago, he was formerly Vice President Global Defence & Security at BT Global Services. He has experience of international defence operations, gained from his roles at GPT (Marconi), BAE Systems and Thales Corporation.
Mr. Lockwood chaired the Scottish Government's Technology Advisory Group and, in 2005, was the recipient of the Scottish Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Technology.
In February 2014, he was appointed as Non-Executive Chairman of Knowledge Transfer Network Ltd.
Mr. Lockwood has a BA (Hons) in Mathematics from the University of York and is a Chartered Accountant by profession. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Vesuvius appoints Holly Keller Koeppel as director
- Parity Group appoints John Conoley as non-executive chairman
- Zoltav Resources names Lea Verny as non-executive chairman
- Quixant appoints Gaye Hudson to board
- Red Leopard appoints Toby Hayward as CEO
More inside POST