Cobalt names David D. Powell as CFO and EVP
Mr. Powell previously served as Chief Financial Officer for BHP Billiton – Petroleum where, from March 2009 until May 2016, he was accountable for all finance, accounting, commercial assurance, supply chain and information technology activities.
Mr. Powell has over 35 years of experience in the oil and gas industry during which he held numerous leadership roles with increasing responsibilities in the United States, as well as Argentina, Russia, Malaysia and Qatar.
Mr. Powell holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, graduating Summa Cum Laude from William Jewell College. In addition, he completed the Advanced Management Program at the Harvard Business School and has a Certified Public Accountant certificate from the State of Missouri. He replaces Shannon E. Young, III. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Omega Protein Corporation appoints Celeste Clark to board
- Energy XXI appoints Douglas E. Brooks as CEO
- Kimberly-Clark names Larry P. Allgaier president for North America
- InTech Aerospace promotes Scott Mowery to COO
- Francesca's appoints Philip Bleser to board
More inside POST