Coal of Africa appoints Shangren Ding as director
Mr. Ding is an experienced professional engineer who brings considerable experience to the CoAL board having worked for a number of mining and energy companies as well as acting as a consultant to government geological bureaus.
Mr. Ding has over 30 years' experience predominately in the coal mining sector and he has gained extensive operational coal mining knowledge through chief operating roles at a number of mines in the Heilongjiang province in the People's Republic of China.
From 1998 to 2004 Mr. Ding was director of technology and equipment at Harbin Zhongqing Gas Co Ltd. Since 2004 he has worked in a number of senior roles for Beijing Haohua Energy Resource and is also currently the deputy general manager.
Mr. Ding is joining the board of CoAL as a representative of HEI, CoAL's largest shareholder. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM South Africa
- ASA Resource Group removes Ching Fung Hung from board
- Net 1 UEPS Technologies appoints Alfred Mockett as director
- Sacoil confirms appointment of three directors
- Old Mutual appoints Peter Moyo as CEO of OMEM
- Naspers appoints Emilie Choi as director
More inside POST
MBA degree doesn't guarantee leadership Leadership