Close Brothers appoints Mike Biggs as chairman
Mr. Biggs joins the Board as a director on 14 March 2017, and will become Chairman of the Board effective 1 May 2017.
Mr. Biggs has been Chairman of Direct Line Insurance Group plc since 2012 and has over 40 years' experience of the financial services industry.
Mr. Biggs was previously Chairman of Resolution Limited, the FTSE 100 UK life assurance business, and has acted as both Chief Executive Officer and Group Finance Director of Resolution plc.
Prior to that he was Group Finance Director of Aviva plc.
Mr. Biggs has been appointed a member of the Nomination and Governance Committee from 14 March 2017, a member of the Audit, Risk and Remuneration Committees from 14 March until 1 May 2017, and will become Chairman of the Board and of the Nomination and Governance Committee on 1 May 2017. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Sovereign Mines of Africa director Rupert Fraser to step down
- SysGroup director Amy Yateman-Smith to go on maternity leave
- PCG Entertainment appoints Robert McDowall to board
- BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg to retire
- Serco Group COO Ed Casey to leave
More inside POST
Canada GDP unchanged in July Economy