Christopher Burley named vice chair of WestJet's board
Mr. Burley was appointed to the Board in September 2015 and has served as a member of the Audit Committee, the People and Compensation Committee, as well as the Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee.
Mr. Burley is a Director of Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan where he is Chair of the Audit Committee. He spent over two decades in the investment banking industry and was Managing Director and Vice Chairman, Energy at Merrill Lynch before his retirement in 2008.
Mr. Burley has a Bachelor of Science degree with a certificate of Honours Standing (Geophysics) and a Masters of Business Administration degree from the University of Western Ontario. He is a graduate of the Institute of Corporate Directors Education Program and holds the ICD.D designation. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Alberta
- Savanna Energy Services appoints Lyle Whitmarsh as president
- Zenith Energy appoints Michael Palmer as Azerbaijan COO
- Bacanora appoints two directors
- Zenith Energy appoints Saadallah Al-Fathi as director
- GrowMax Resources appoints Lloyd Wiggins as CFO
More inside POST
Don't overlook product returns Leadership