Chipotle founder Steve Ells returns to sole CEO role
Mr. Ells will also remain Chairman of Chipotle’s board.
Mr. Ells, a classically trained chef, started Chipotle in 1993 with a small loan from his father. Chipotle has since grown into one of the nation’s largest restaurant companies, with more than 2,200 locations in five countries.
Mr. Ells served as Chairman and CEO from 1993 until 2009 when he became co-CEO, a title he shared with Monty Moran. The company went public in 2006.
Monty Moran has stepped down from the co-CEO role and from his board seat effective immediately, and will retire from Chipotle in 2017. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Colorado
- Westmoreland appoints Gary Kohn as CFO
- DaVita appoints chief medical officer of VillageHealth
- Woodward appoints Eileen Drake to board of directors
- Woodward names Daniel Korte to board of directors
- Zayo Group appoints two executives
More inside POST
What your superior likes to hear from you Leadership