Chipotle founder Steve Ells returns to sole CEO role
Mr. Ells will also remain Chairman of Chipotle’s board.
Mr. Ells, a classically trained chef, started Chipotle in 1993 with a small loan from his father. Chipotle has since grown into one of the nation’s largest restaurant companies, with more than 2,200 locations in five countries.
Mr. Ells served as Chairman and CEO from 1993 until 2009 when he became co-CEO, a title he shared with Monty Moran. The company went public in 2006.
Monty Moran has stepped down from the co-CEO role and from his board seat effective immediately, and will retire from Chipotle in 2017. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Colorado
- ENSERVCO appoints Tucker Franciscus as CFO
- Array BioPharma appoints Shalini Sharp to board
- Zayo Group appoints Andrew Crouch as COO
- National CineMedia appoints Scott Felenstein as EVP
- Westmoreland appoints Gary Kohn as CFO
More inside POST
Ralph Lauren Q4 diluted EPS ($2.48) Earnings