Chi-Med appoints Paul Rutherford Carter as director
Mr. Carter will be a member of the audit committee, remuneration committee and technical committee.
Mr. Carter has more than 25 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. From 2006 to 2016, he served in various senior executive roles at Gilead Sciences with the last position as Executive Vice President, Commercial Operations.
Prior to joining Gilead, Mr. Carter spent 14 years with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and its group companies, with the last position as a Regional Head of the International business in Asia.
Mr. Carter is currently a director of Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
He was previously a director of Gilead Sciences Ltd, Gilead Sciences International Ltd. and Gilead Sciences Europe Ltd. within the past five years.
Mr. Carter holds a degree in Business Studies from the Ealing School of Business and Management (now merged into University of West London) and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants in the UK. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
More inside POST
How to alienate yourself on the new job Leadership