Chevron names Michael Wirth vice chairman
In assuming his new role, Mr. Wirth will join the company’s Board of Directors and add Policy, Government & Public Affairs to his existing portfolio of responsibilities.
Mr. Wirth joined Chevron in 1982 as a design engineer. Since that time, he advanced through a number of engineering, construction and operations positions.
Before assuming his current role, Mr. Wirth was executive vice president of Downstream & Chemicals.
Prior to that he served as president of Global Supply and Trading, where he led the company’s worldwide supply and trading operations as well as its aviation, marine and asphalt businesses.
Earlier, he was president of Marketing for Chevron’s Asia/Middle East/Africa marketing business, based in Singapore. Mr. Wirth also served on the board of directors for Caltex Australia Ltd. and GS Caltex in South Korea. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST