Chevron names Michael Wirth vice chairman
In assuming his new role, Mr. Wirth will join the company’s Board of Directors and add Policy, Government & Public Affairs to his existing portfolio of responsibilities.
Mr. Wirth joined Chevron in 1982 as a design engineer. Since that time, he advanced through a number of engineering, construction and operations positions.
Before assuming his current role, Mr. Wirth was executive vice president of Downstream & Chemicals.
Prior to that he served as president of Global Supply and Trading, where he led the company’s worldwide supply and trading operations as well as its aviation, marine and asphalt businesses.
Earlier, he was president of Marketing for Chevron’s Asia/Middle East/Africa marketing business, based in Singapore. Mr. Wirth also served on the board of directors for Caltex Australia Ltd. and GS Caltex in South Korea. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- PennyMac Financial Services appoints Theodore W. Tozer to board
- Apple appoints Isabel Ge Mahe managing director of Greater China
- Seagate Technology appoints Ravi Naik as CIO
- MannKind appoints Steven Binder as CFO
- Achaogen appoints Karen Bernstein to board
More inside POST