Changes in Standard Life management
Mr. Matthews will retire from the Company on 31 August 2017. He joined Standard Life in 1989 and, following senior roles in distribution and relationship management, was appointed UK Chief Executive Officer in 2011 and UK & Europe Chief Executive Officer in 2012.
Mr. Matthews was appointed to the Board of Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2007 and the Board of the Company on 1 November 2015.
Barry O'Dwyer, currently CEO Standard Life Assurance Limited, will be appointed as an executive director.
Mr. O'Dwyer joined Standard Life in 1988 and between then and 2008 held various marketing, product development and actuarial roles.
From 2008-2013 he held senior roles with HBOS and Prudential, including as Prudential's Deputy Chief Executive, UK & Europe.
Mr. O'Dwyer rejoined Standard Life in 2013 as Managing Director of Workplace and Corporate Pensions, and was appointed CEO, Life Assurance in 2016.
He was appointed to the Board of Standard Life Assurance Limited on September 1, 2016. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
- Stephen Bentley to join Frenkel Topping Group as CFO
More inside POST
What your superior likes to hear from you Leadership
E.ON turns to net profit in H1 Earnings