Celanese appoints Verghese Thomas as chief technology officer
Dr. Thomas is currently the company’s Global Technology & Innovation Director of the Celanese engineered materials and EVA polymers businesses. Dr. Thomas joined Celanese in 2009 and has held various technology roles of increasing leadership responsibility in the company.
Prior to joining Celanese, Dr. Thomas was the Global Technology General Manager for the Specialty Film & Sheet business at Sabic Innovative Plastics.
Previously, he held various technology leadership roles in multiple businesses at GE Plastics with a strong track record of innovation in polymer product and process technologies.
Dr. Thomas holds Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Polymer Technology from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Anadarko Petroleum appoints Danny Brown to SVP
- ConocoPhillips appoints Caroline Maury Devine to board
- Pier 1 Imports appoints Darla D. Ramirez as interim CFO
- Tuesday Morning appoints James T. Corcoran as director
- Reddy Ice appoints Deborah Conklin as CEO
More inside POST
How to turn a startup to a 'proper' company Leadership