Celanese appoints Verghese Thomas as chief technology officer
Dr. Thomas is currently the company’s Global Technology & Innovation Director of the Celanese engineered materials and EVA polymers businesses. Dr. Thomas joined Celanese in 2009 and has held various technology roles of increasing leadership responsibility in the company.
Prior to joining Celanese, Dr. Thomas was the Global Technology General Manager for the Specialty Film & Sheet business at Sabic Innovative Plastics.
Previously, he held various technology leadership roles in multiple businesses at GE Plastics with a strong track record of innovation in polymer product and process technologies.
Dr. Thomas holds Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Polymer Technology from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- National Instruments names Karen Rapp as CFO
- Nationstar Mortgage appoints Amar R. Patel as interim CFO
- Denbury Resources to appoint Christian S. Kendall as CEO
- Par Pacific Holdings appoints Will Monteleone as CFO
- Green Bancorp appoints Terry Earley as CFO
More inside POST