Celanese appoints Verghese Thomas as chief technology officer
Dr. Thomas is currently the company’s Global Technology & Innovation Director of the Celanese engineered materials and EVA polymers businesses. Dr. Thomas joined Celanese in 2009 and has held various technology roles of increasing leadership responsibility in the company.
Prior to joining Celanese, Dr. Thomas was the Global Technology General Manager for the Specialty Film & Sheet business at Sabic Innovative Plastics.
Previously, he held various technology leadership roles in multiple businesses at GE Plastics with a strong track record of innovation in polymer product and process technologies.
Dr. Thomas holds Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Polymer Technology from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Texas
- Era Group appoints Jennifer Whalen as acting CFO
- Halliburton appoints Christopher Weber as CFO
- Eltek appoints Kathy Nargi-Toth as Eltek USA president
- Gastar Exploration names Stephen P. Roberts as SVP and COO
- Bazaarvoice appoints Ali Wing to board
More inside POST
Raise your standards day by day Leadership