Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman to retire
Mr. Oberhelman was elected chairman of the board of directors and chief executive officer (CEO) of Caterpillar in 2010.
Mr. Oberhelman joined the Caterpillar treasury department in 1975 and has worked in or led a wide variety of businesses across the company.
He was elected a Caterpillar vice president and chief financial officer in 1995; and from 2002 to 2010 was a group president with responsibility for many of Caterpillar’s core businesses.
Mr. Oberhelman serves on the board of directors of Exxon Mobil Corporation and is chairman of Business Roundtable.
He is a member of the Business Council and former chair of the National Association of Manufacturers. He previously served on the boards of Eli Lilly and Company and Ameren Corporation.
Mr. Oberhelman earned a B.A. in finance from Millikin University. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Illinois
- Hilco Merchant Resources hires Seth Marks as SVP
- Veltex Corporation appoints Andreas Mauritzson as CEO
- Ingredion Incorporated appoints James P. Zallie as CEO
- Nexgen Packaging appoints Jim Welch as president
- Eton Pharmaceuticals appoints Paul V. Maier to board
More inside POST