Carlyle Group names operating executive for consumer & retail group
Mr. Silverstein is retiring at year-end as Senior Partner and Managing Director at Boston Consulting Group. Mr. Silverstein will also continue to devote time to various roles outside of the firm.
Mr. Silverstein is an expert in consumer packaged goods and retail.
Mr. Silverstein joined BCG in 1980 and has been Senior Partner and Managing Director since 1993. He has advised the CEOs of multi-billion-dollar global companies and helped start and build BCG’s consumer practice, now its largest.
He received an MBA from Harvard Business School and an AB in economics and history from Brown University. He is a member of the Board of Directors of FTD Cos. Inc. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Omnicom Group appoints Gracia Martore as director
- Bank of New York names Charles W. Scharf as CEO
- Sterling Bancorp appoints Christina M. Favilla as COO
- Interpublic Group names E. Lee Wyatt Jr. as independent director
- Carver Bancorp appoints John J. Fitzpatrick as COO
More inside POST
How to alienate yourself on the new job Leadership