Carlyle Group names operating executive for consumer & retail group
Mr. Silverstein is retiring at year-end as Senior Partner and Managing Director at Boston Consulting Group. Mr. Silverstein will also continue to devote time to various roles outside of the firm.
Mr. Silverstein is an expert in consumer packaged goods and retail.
Mr. Silverstein joined BCG in 1980 and has been Senior Partner and Managing Director since 1993. He has advised the CEOs of multi-billion-dollar global companies and helped start and build BCG’s consumer practice, now its largest.
He received an MBA from Harvard Business School and an AB in economics and history from Brown University. He is a member of the Board of Directors of FTD Cos. Inc. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Verizon Communications appoints Rima Qureshi as EVP
- Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Karen Vousden to board
- Tonix Pharmaceuticals appoints Margaret Smith Bell to board
- 21st Century Fox promotes Peter Rice to president
- Iconix Brand Group hires June K. DeFabio as EVP
More inside POST
Target to hire 100,000 workers Companies
COSCO to acquire APM Zeebrugge terminal Companies