Carlyle Group names operating executive for consumer & retail group
Mr. Silverstein is retiring at year-end as Senior Partner and Managing Director at Boston Consulting Group. Mr. Silverstein will also continue to devote time to various roles outside of the firm.
Mr. Silverstein is an expert in consumer packaged goods and retail.
Mr. Silverstein joined BCG in 1980 and has been Senior Partner and Managing Director since 1993. He has advised the CEOs of multi-billion-dollar global companies and helped start and build BCG’s consumer practice, now its largest.
He received an MBA from Harvard Business School and an AB in economics and history from Brown University. He is a member of the Board of Directors of FTD Cos. Inc. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Jim Gianopulos named chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures
- Acuamark Diagnostics adds Michael Hanbury to board
- Gibraltar Industries appoints Timothy Murphy as CFO
- Wecast Network appoints Simon Wang as CFO
- Sequential Brands Group appoints Karen Murray as CEO
More inside POST