Carl Zeiss Meditec names new chief for ophthalmology unit
Mr. Mazzo will join Carl Zeiss Meditec as Global President of Ophthalmology with responsibility for the new Strategic Business Unit Ophthalmology as well as Carl Zeiss Meditec's U.S. Sales and Service Center.
Mr. Mazzo is one of the industry's best known and most respected business leaders with over 35 years of ophthalmic experience. He spent over 20 years leading Allergan's North American and European eye care organizations.
He led the public spin-off of AMO as Chairman/CEO. In 2009 Abbott Labs purchased AMO and Mr. Mazzo was selected as EVP to lead Abbott's global ophthalmology business. He left Abbott in 2013 to become executive chair and CEO of AcuFocus and Executive Chair of Neurotech. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Germany
- Nordex appoints José Luis Blanco as CEO
- Sirius Real Estate appoints Justin Atkinson as director
- Martin Daum joins Daimler management board
- Unify names industry veteran Paul Cunningham as CMO
- BASF appoints new oilfield & mining chief
More inside POST
Grainger profit declines 10% in Q2 Earnings