Burlington Stores appoints Ted English to board
Mr. English is former President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of The TJX Companies, Inc. and current Executive Chairman of Bob’s Discount Furniture, Inc.
Mr. English has served as the Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors of Bob’s Discount Furniture since March 2016 and was its Chief Executive Officer from 2006 until his appointment as Executive Chairman.
Prior to joining Bob’s Discount Furniture, Mr. English served as TJX’s Chief Executive Officer from 2000 (and President from 1999) to 2005. He was Chairman of The Marmaxx Group between 2000 and 2004, and held various other executive and merchandising positions with TJX from 1983 to 1999.
In addition to Burlington Stores and Bob’s Discount Furniture, Mr. English serves on the Board of Directors of Rue La La and served as a director of BJ’s Wholesale Club.
He also serves on the Board of Trustees of various funds within the multi-affiliate structure of Natixis Global Asset Management, a global asset management firm. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM New Jersey
- Campbell Soup Company appoints Fabiola R. Arredondo to board
- Eagle Pharmaceuticals names Richard A. Edlin to board
- Tom Gebhardt chairman and CEO of Panasonic Corp. of North America
- Celgene Corporation COO Jacqualyn Fouse to retire
- Innophos appoints Kim Ann Mink as chairman of the board
More inside POST