BT Group appoints Jan du Plessis as chairman
Mr. du Plessis will join the Board as a non-executive director from June 1, 2017 and become Chairman with effect from November 1, 2017.
Mr. du Plessis has been Chairman of Rio Tinto since 2009. He has also held a number of other senior non-executive roles.
These include as a director and Chairman of SABMiller from September 2014 and July 2015 respectively until October 2016, and as director and Senior Independent Director of Marks & Spencer from 2008 and 2012 respectively until March 2015.
Previously Mr. du Plessis was Group Finance Director of Richemont and Chairman at British American Tobacco.
Mr. du Plessis is a chartered accountant and is both a British and South African national. He is also a member of the European Round Table of Industrialists. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Vesuvius appoints Holly Keller Koeppel as director
- Parity Group appoints John Conoley as non-executive chairman
- Zoltav Resources names Lea Verny as non-executive chairman
- Quixant appoints Gaye Hudson to board
- Red Leopard appoints Toby Hayward as CEO
More inside POST