Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Giovanni Caforio as chairman
Mr. Caforio has been chief executive officer of Bristol-Myers Squibb since May 2015 and has been serving on the company’s Board of Directors since June 2014.
Prior to becoming CEO, Mr. Caforio served as chief operating officer with responsibility for leading a fully integrated worldwide commercial organization and the companywide functions of Enterprise Services and Global Manufacturing & Supply.
This was preceded by his work as the company’s chief commercial officer.
Mr. Caforio received his M.D. from the University of Rome.
Mr. Caforio, who will continue to serve as chief executive officer, will succeed current Chairman Lamberto Andreotti, who has announced his plan to retire.
Mr. Andreotti served as Bristol-Myers Squibb’s chief executive officer from 2010 through May 2015 and will have served as Bristol-Myers Squibb’s chairman for two years when Caforio’s appointment becomes effective in May 2017. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM New York
- Verizon Communications appoints Rima Qureshi as EVP
- Bristol-Myers Squibb appoints Karen Vousden to board
- Tonix Pharmaceuticals appoints Margaret Smith Bell to board
- 21st Century Fox promotes Peter Rice to president
- Iconix Brand Group hires June K. DeFabio as EVP
More inside POST