Bristol Water CEO Luis Garcia to step down
Mr. Garcia has devoted his whole career to the water industry and has worked in a variety of leadership roles in South America and Spain before joining Bristol Water in 2009.
Mr. Garcia joined Aguas de Barcelona (now part of Suez Environment group) in 1989 and from 1991 was in charge of the technical department of the south east region. In 1995 he was appointed as Operations and Capital Programme Delivery Director for Aguas de Cartagena, a subsidiary of Aguas de Barcelona in the north of Colombia.
In 1998 Mr. Garcia was appointed as MD of Metroagua de Santa Marta, Colombia, another subsidiary of Aguas de Barcelona in Colombia and became MD of Aguas de Cartagena in 2000.
Mr. Garcia returned to Spain a year later where he was in charge of the south east region, becoming National Director for the South and Canary Islands. In 2009 he moved with his family to Bristol to take up the post of CEO of Bristol Water. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- GSK appoints Laurie Glimcher as director
- British American Tobacco adds three directors
- Arix Bioscience appoints Meghan FitzGerald as director
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Investment appoints director
- Rentokil Initial appoints Sir Crispin Davis as non-executive director
More inside POST