May 9, 2014, London, United Kingdom - BlackRock World Mining Trust plc announced that Russell Edey will be appointed as a non-executive director of the company.
BlackRock World Mining Trust adds Russell Edey to its boardStaff writer | London, United Kingdom | Friday May 9, 2014 9:45AM ET
READ MOREMr. Edey has been the chairman of Avocet Mining PLC since September 2010 and a non-executive director since July 2010.
He served as a non-executive director of Old Mutual PLC from June 2004 to May 2013 and retired as chairman of AngloGold Ashanti Limited in May 2010 having been a member of that Company's board since 1998.
Mr. Edey is a non-executive director of several companies in the Rothschild Group, which he joined in 1977.
Prior to that, he worked for Anglo American Corporation of South Africa Limited in South Africa and Australia.
He is a chartered accountant and will also serve as a member of the Company's Audit and Management Engagement Committee. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Seadrill Partners chief executive officer Mark Morris to step down
- Stagecoach Group appoints Jayne-Anne Gadhia as non-executive director
- Kingswood Holdings appoints Patrick Goulding as finance director
- APQ Global Limited appoints Wesley Davis as finance director
- BBA Aviation appoints two new non-executive directors