Biostage promotes Saverio La Francesca to president
Dr. La Francesca has served as Chief Medical Officer of the Company since April 2014.
Dr. La Francesca is a cardiothoracic surgeon with extensive clinical experience committed to the clinical translation of transformative medical research.
Prior to joining Biostage management as Chief Medical Officer, Dr. La Francesca served in the Department of Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantation at the DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center at the Houston Methodist Hospital, where he developed the current surgical and perfusion techniques for thoracic organ procurement and preservation and where he was also the Director of the Ex-vivo Lung Perfusion Laboratory.
Previously Dr. La Francesca was an attending surgeon at the Department of Cardiopulmonary Transplantation at the Texas Heart Institute in Houston, Texas and currently holds an appointment as Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" in Rome, Italy. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation appoints Robert E. Abernathy to board
- Tetraphase Pharma appoints Kamalam Unninayar as CFO
- Boston Biomedical appoints Edgar Braendle as vice president
- Analogic Corporation appoints Joseph Whitters to board
- Eleven Biotherapeutics appoints Richard F. Fitzgerald as interim CFO
More inside POST