Barrick Gold appoints Mark Hill as chief investment officer
Mr. Hill brings added technical experience to the investment review process at Barrick, complementing the economic and financial expertise of Chief Financial Officer Catherine Raw.
He will join the company's Executive Committee, as well as Growth Group, and will oversee an Evaluations team, who will independently scrutinize proposed expenditures before they go to the Investment Committee.
Mr. Hill has more than 25 years of experience in the mining industry. He re-joins Barrick after four years at Waterton Global Resource Management, where he is currently a partner and Head of Mining.
Prior to Waterton, Mr. Hill's positions at Barrick included Vice President, Evaluations, and Vice President, Capital Projects. He has also held senior positions with BHP Billiton, AngloGold Ashanti, Placer Dome, and WMC Ltd.
Mr. Hill holds a Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering, and a Graduate Diploma in Mineral Economics. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Ontario
- United Van Lines (Canada) names Dan Lawrence president
- Jamieson Wellness appoints Angela Holtham to board
- Hudson's Bay Company appoints Edward Record as CFO
- Western Uranium appoints Russell Fryer as executive chairman
- CIBC adds Michelle L. Collins to board
More inside POST