Barclays appoints Sir Ian Cheshire as director
Sir Ian is also appointed Chairman designate of Barclays' ring-fenced bank, Barclays UK, which is in the process of being established.
Sir Ian has been chairman of Debenhams plc since April 2016. He is currently the Senior Independent Director of Whitbread plc and chairman of the advisory board of the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
Sir Ian also holds directorships at Maisons du Monde SA and Menhaden Capital PLC.
His other appointments include working as the Government Lead Non-Executive, as well as being trustee of the Prince of Wales's Charitable Foundation and of Business in the Community.
Sir Ian retired as Group Chief Executive of Kingfisher plc in January 2015 after 7 years in the role and 17 years with the company.
His other former roles include chairman of the British Retail Consortium. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals elects David Norton to board
- John Lewis Partnership appoints Laura Wade-Gery as director
- 40% of senior executives to leave Reckitt Benckiser
- Oxford Immunotec Global appoints Stefan Linn as COO
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
More inside POST
How board political ideology affects CEO pay Leadership
$4 million for energy-strapped Gaza Politics