Barclays appoints Sir Ian Cheshire as director
Sir Ian is also appointed Chairman designate of Barclays' ring-fenced bank, Barclays UK, which is in the process of being established.
Sir Ian has been chairman of Debenhams plc since April 2016. He is currently the Senior Independent Director of Whitbread plc and chairman of the advisory board of the Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
Sir Ian also holds directorships at Maisons du Monde SA and Menhaden Capital PLC.
His other appointments include working as the Government Lead Non-Executive, as well as being trustee of the Prince of Wales's Charitable Foundation and of Business in the Community.
Sir Ian retired as Group Chief Executive of Kingfisher plc in January 2015 after 7 years in the role and 17 years with the company.
His other former roles include chairman of the British Retail Consortium. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Mylan appoints Daniel M. Gallagher as chief legal officer
- Bunzl appoints Stephan Nanninga as director
- PowerHouse appoints Christopher Vanezis as CFO
- CML Microsystems appoints Geoff Barnes as director
- Concepta appoints Neil Mesher as director
More inside POST