Avnet names Kevin Summers as chief information officer
Mr. Summers joins Avnet with more than 25 years of experience leading the technology efforts of some of the world’s most elite brands.
Mr. Summers has extensive experience in leading large-scale IT organizations, where technology is used to enable growth strategies and create competitive advantages.
This includes serving in CIO positions with H&R Block, Lowe’s, Whirlpool and The Coca-Cola Company, as well as senior executive positions at AT&T and GE.
Mr. Summers possesses a wealth of IT experience in strategy and roadmap development, which is complemented by deep expertise in using innovative technologies such as cloud computing, IoT solutions, and big data analytics platforms to enhance e-commerce, supply chain and retail sales operations.
He succeeds Steve Phillips, who has decided to leave Avnet. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Arizona
- Everspin Technologies names Kevin Conley as CEO
- America's Car Mart CEO William H. Henderson to retire
- Café Valley appoints Brian Owens as CEO
- ON Semiconductor appoints Alan Campbell as chairman
- Seeing Machines appoints Mike McAuliffe as CEO
More inside POST
Rolls-Royce swings to profit Earnings