Avnet names Kevin Summers as chief information officer
Mr. Summers joins Avnet with more than 25 years of experience leading the technology efforts of some of the world’s most elite brands.
Mr. Summers has extensive experience in leading large-scale IT organizations, where technology is used to enable growth strategies and create competitive advantages.
This includes serving in CIO positions with H&R Block, Lowe’s, Whirlpool and The Coca-Cola Company, as well as senior executive positions at AT&T and GE.
Mr. Summers possesses a wealth of IT experience in strategy and roadmap development, which is complemented by deep expertise in using innovative technologies such as cloud computing, IoT solutions, and big data analytics platforms to enhance e-commerce, supply chain and retail sales operations.
He succeeds Steve Phillips, who has decided to leave Avnet. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Arizona
- TASER International appoints Jawad Ahsan as CFO
- Accelerate Diagnostics appoints Tom Brown to board
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics appoints Ann F. Hanham as chair
- SDC appoints Faith Haines Kolb as vice president
- Limelight Networks appoints two directors
More inside POST
Employment up 0.3% in euro area Economy