Avnet appoints William J. Amelio as interim CEO
Mr. Amelio brings more than 35 years of management and industry experience to his new role.
Mr. Amelio was the president, chief executive officer and a director of CHC Group from 2010 to 2015. From 2005 to 2009, he served as president and chief executive officer of Lenovo and was previously a regional senior vice president and president, Asia-Pacific and Japan for Dell.
Mr. Amelio began his career with the Microelectronics Technology Division of IBM in 1979 and later became the General Manager Worldwide Operations of the Personal Computer Division. He also previously served on the Board of Directors of National Semiconductor.
He has a chemical engineering degree from Lehigh University and a masters in management degree from Stanford University. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM Arizona
- Accelerate Diagnostics appoints Tom Brown to board
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics appoints Ann F. Hanham as chair
- SDC appoints Faith Haines Kolb as vice president
- Limelight Networks appoints two directors
- Seeing Machines names Timothy Macmillan Crane to board
More inside POST