Avanir appoints Richard Malamut as SVP
Dr. Malamut brings more than 17 years of academic and clinical expertise in neurology.
Prior to Avanir, he was the senior vice president of global clinical development at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., where he was responsible for directing all aspects within clinical development for the company’s pain, oncology and neuropsychiatry products.
Prior to that, he had roles of increasing responsibility working in Pain, Psychiatry, and Neurodegenerative disease at Bristol-Myers Squibb and AstraZeneca, as well as consulting for Avanir, Schwarz Bioscience and Shire Pharmaceuticals.
Dr. Malamut earned his medical degree from Hahnemann University in Philadelphia and has completed both a neurology residency at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia and EMG/Neuromuscular Disease fellowship at LSU in New Orleans. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- CBRE Group appoints Beth F. Cobert to board
- Cloudera appoints two to board
- Verifone appoints Rowan Trollope to board of directors
- Catasys appoints Christopher Shirley as CFO
- Silicon Valley Bank promotes Michael Descheneaux to president
More inside POST
BP Q1 profit £1.45bn Earnings