AstraZeneca director Cornelia Bargmann to step down
Dr. Bargmann is the Torsten N. Wiesel Professor and head of the Lulu and Anthony Wang Laboratory of Neural Circuits and Behavior at The Rockefeller University, New York. She has held this position since 2004.
Dr. Bargmann holds a degree in biochemistry from the University of Georgia and a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
She pursued a postdoctoral fellowship with H. Robert Horvitz at MIT until 1991, when she accepted a faculty position in the Department of Anatomy at the University of California, San Francisco, spending 13 years there, before moving to Rockefeller.
Dr. Bargmann has been a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator since 1995. Cori was awarded the Benjamin Franklin Medal in Life Science in 2015. ■
What to read next
LATEST MOVES FROM United Kingdom
- Terra Firma Capital appoints Jerry Patava to board
- Willis Towers Watson announces Michael J. Burwell as CFO
- NewVoiceMedia appoints president and COO to strengthen U.S. presence
- Zotefoams appoints Doug Robertson as non-executive director
- Rotork to appoint Peter Dilnot as non-executive director
More inside POST