Asterias appoints EVP of finance and general counsel
Most recently, Mr. Chavez was Vice President and General Counsel of Mallinckrodt’s Autoimmune and Rare Disease Division. Before joining Mallinckrodt in August 2014, Mr. Chavez served as Associate General Counsel at Questcor.
Prior to joining Questcor in October 2012, he worked at the law firms of Stradling, Yocca, Carlson & Rauth and Rutan & Tucker. Previously, Mr. Chavez served in various financial roles at General Electric Co.
He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Chapman University School of Law and his B.A. with honors and distinction from Stanford University.
Russell Skibsted, the current acting CFO of Asterias, and Mr. Chavez will work closely together on Asterias financial reporting and related matters while Mr. Chavez transitions into his new role. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM California
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals appoints Nancy Ryan Gray to board
- Inseego appoints Stephen Smith as CFO
- Andy Page joins Livongo Health as CFO
- Hudson Pacific Properties adds Andrea Wong to board
- NuVasive appoints Rajesh J. Asarpota as CFO
More inside POST