Aspen Insurance appoints Richard Thornton as COO
Mr. Thornton will undertake this new role in addition to his responsibilities as Group Head of Strategy. He will relinquish his current role as Group Chief Risk Officer.
Mr. Thornton joined Aspen as Group Head of Strategy in March 2014 and was appointed Group Chief Risk Officer in September 2014.
Prior to joining Aspen, Mr. Thornton was a partner at Oliver Wyman, leading the development of its general insurance business in the United Kingdom and Europe.
Mr. Thornton worked on a wide variety of projects spanning life and general insurance, ranging from retail to global corporate and from strategy to operations, risk and finance.
Previously, he was an economist in the Bank of England’s monetary analysis division. ■
LATEST MOVES FROM Bermuda
- AXIS Capital Holdings appoints Peter Vogt as CFO
- Axovant Sciences appoints David Hung as CEO
- Third Point Reinsurance CEO to step down
- AXIS Capital: John Nichols resigns as CEO of AXIS Re
- Hiscox appoints Louise Dennett as group finance director
More inside POST
Mylan reports 29% gain in Q1 profit Earnings